Why your blog cannot stand out from the crowd?

stand out from the crowd


Thousands of new blogs have created every day. So, making a blog to stand out from the crowd is somewhat challenging and difficult job for the bloggers and they should work smartly to beat the competitors. A study says that almost 90% of the bloggers are performing blogging accurately by learning the imperative stuffs like social media participation, SEO, writing unique content etc. If everyone is doing blogging perfectly, then how a blogger could make his/her blog popular?

Are you a blogger and struggling to make your blog stand out from the crowd? Wait, I’ll tell you the exact reasons for your inability.


You’re using non-seo friendly free theme

Have it mind that the SEO friendly wordpress themes would impress the visitors and search engines. No need to pay big dollars to get a customized theme, but at least make some investment to acquire a unique one and tweak it with a colourful logo. Visual impression could be the deciding factor as your readers like your blog or not.

Your content is not worth or repeating others in same style

I know that you are in a misperception “Am I writing the same as others”. I would say nothing wrong in it as you need to cover some basic and imperative topics for your readers, but I suggest you to do with your own voice. Make wide research about the topic which you’re gonna write, understand the basic concepts clearly, and then write in your own style to win the reader’s heart.


You’re not targeting the audience

targeting the audience

Did you know whom you’re writing for? If not, then how it is possible to make your blog stand out from the crowd. First target your audience, study their needs, write something that really matters, give solutions/answers and find the genuine ways to reach them.

How to find target audience ?  
  • Google Keyword planner
  • Facebook insights
  • Google analytics
  • Google trends
  • Real time insights finder
  • Forums
  • Competitor analysis   


You’re not guest blogging

Writing for your blog again and again would not let your blog to grow and do write for others through guest blogging, get new readers and develop good relationship with other blog owners. This is my familiar method which helps me to make my blog to stand out from the crowd.

Not using social media effectively

Social networks are widely by the bloggers and corporates these days as it has the tendency to create authority for their blog/business. If you continued to share some exceptional information in social media, the people would trust you and they would help you to make your blog stand out from the crowd by regular visits, shares on their networks and leaving their views in the form of blog comments. Also, give easy access to your social media profiles from your blog to the readers to follow you.

You are hurting yourself to prepare daily post

Who told you to publish post daily on your blog? Why you’re in a rush to create the blog posts daily? If you have ability to write with vast knowledge in your niche, you could do that. But if you want to present the worthy posts for your readers, do exploration about the topic, cover as much information as you can, proof read and then publish it. If you’re giving 3 posts per week to your guests, it would be really good but be sure to keep up the same.

Poor or over SEO

Even I did this fault! Yes, not over SEO, but with poor SEO. I used to write what I know on my fascinating topics in my initial days of blogging and this hadn’t allowed my blog to stand out from the crowd. So I suggest you to follow the basic SEO techniques, please the search engines to drive organic traffic for your blog. Likewise, don’t spend too much of time in Google Keyword planner to select the keywords to stuff in your blog posts. I am sure that you’ll never get love from search engines if you do so. 


Use complex English and counting the number of words

complex English

Making your blog posts clear and precise would undoubtedly let your blog to stand out from the crowd. Even I know the complex words; I used to find its simple synonyms to custom in my blog posts. Also, I would not look at the no. of words while writing the blog posts as I wish to offer most information for my readers. Am a freelance writer and I got many appreciation from my clients for my long articles even I requisite to touch 600 words. So, don’t look at the word count while writing the post, instead make it assured that you’ve covered a wide range of subjects.

Not showing your character

Presenting the blog post without your personal touch is like a human without soul. Guide your readers through your experiences and entertain them with a sense of humour. Speak with your visitors, ask questions and ask them to leave valuable opinions through comments. Respond to them as soon as possible politely to discuss the fresh perspectives about the blog post. Showing your personality would let your blog to stand out from the thousands of blogs. 


Final words to make your blog to stand out

Fresh innovative blogs have created every second and so it is essential to take some serious steps for your blog to stand out from the crowd. Not even hard word needed, think wisely and execute smart work in your blog. The more people find your blog, the more chance you could make it popular and so improve your readership.

If you’re not doing the above specified blogging errors, then a big applause from my side and I am sure that you could make your blog stand out from the crowd soon. If you are accepting your mistake, I do appreciate your genuineness and suggest you to correct the errors.

It’s your turn to speak now. Come on tell me, what could the bloggers do to make their blog stand out from the crowd? I would always love to hear your opinions through comments. 


Guest Post by Nirmala Santhakumar. Founder of MyMagicFundas blog and cover SEO, Blogging and Social media. (SEO by